Thursday, January 14, 2010

Stop, Think, Act

Patience is a virtue? But of course! Unfortunately I am one of those who seem to be lacking this particular virtue. Hahaha! Sure I can be patient in rare occasions, VERY actually at some point. However, in most cases and most of the time I am NOT. But I try, lol.  :P

I actually applauded and couldn’t agree more when I read this quote,

“Things may come to those who wait... but only the things left by those who hustle.”


I’m pretty sure all those like me (read: impatient) did somehow feel a bit of consolation (see impatience can be positive and patience is not all that good haha). And although I certainly believe in this saying, it’s not universal as is most things in this world. Sure taking an immediate action pays off but not all the time. There are instances when waiting before taking any action is the better alternative.  By waiting of course I don't mean absolutely doing nothing. I'm not saying you shouldn’t hustle either, I am all for taking whatever it takes; but maybe instead of being reactive all the time why not take a moment and think before pursuing anything? It doesn't hurt to ponder. 

So chill, because more often than not it pays more to think things through and not act on impulse. And together impatient and impulsive people, let us practice pausing before hustling. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment